Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A inactivated 720 ELISA Units (EL.U.), hepatitis B surface antigen (recombinant) 20mcg; per mL; susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; contains trace amounts of thimerosal, formalin, neomycin, yeast protein.
Indications for TWINRIX:
Hepatitis A and hepatitis B immunization.
≥18yrs: 1 inj IM in deltoid area at 0-, 1-, and 6 months. Alternate 4-dose schedule: 1 inj IM in deltoid area at 0-, 7-, and 21 to 30-days followed by booster dose at month 12.
<18yrs: not recommended.
May defer in acute febrile illness or active infection. Bleeding disorders. Thrombocytopenia. Immunodeficiency: may get suboptimal response. Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, GI upset, fever.
Register pregnant patients exposed to Twinrix by calling (888) 452-9622. Report adverse events to VAERS by calling (800) 822-7967.
Single-dose vials—1, 10; Single-dose prefilled syringes—5
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Population-Based Incidence of Acute Idiopathic Optic Neuritis Estimated
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans