TYLENOL COLD MULTI-SYMPTOM SEVERE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, guaifenesin 200mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per Cool Burst caplet; contains sodium 3mg/caplet.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for TYLENOL COLD MULTI-SYMPTOM SEVERE:
Nasal congestion, nonproductive cough, sore throat, headache, fever, minor aches and pains.
Swallow whole. 2 caplets every 4 hours; max 12 caplets/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antitussive + expectorant + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications