UCERIS RECTAL FOAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide 2mg; per metered dose; emulsion.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for UCERIS RECTAL FOAM:
Induction of remission in patients with active, mild-to-moderate distal ulcerative colitis extending up to 40cm from the anal verge.
For rectal use only. Empty bowels prior to administration. Apply 1 metered dose twice daily (AM & PM) for 2 weeks, then 1 metered dose once daily (PM) for 4 weeks.
Not for oral use. Active or quiescent tuberculosis, untreated fungal, bacterial, systemic viral or parasitic infections or ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral therapies. Supplement with systemic glucocorticosteroid in surgery or other stress situations. Caution when transferring from steroids with high systemic effects; monitor. May unmask allergies previously controlled by systemic corticosteroids. Hypertension. Diabetes. Osteoporosis. Peptic ulcer. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Temporarily discontinue prior to colonoscopy bowel preparation. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C): monitor for hypercorticism; consider discontinuing if occurs. Flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, erythromycin, cyclosporine, grapefruit juice); avoid.
Decreased blood cortisol, adrenal insufficiency, nausea; hypercorticism, adrenal suppression, immunosuppression, increased susceptibility to infection.
Canister—1 (14 doses); Kit—1 (2 canisters w. 28 applicators)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- FDA: Opioid Analgesic REMS Expanded to Include Immediate-Release Products