Generic Name and Formulations:
Methenamine 118mg, sodium phosphate monobasic 40.8mg, phenyl salicylate 36mg, methylene blue 10mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.12mg; caps.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for URIBEL:
Treatment of symptoms of irritative voiding. Relief of local symptoms due to lower UTIs or diagnostic procedures.
1 cap 4 times daily.
≤6yrs: not recommended. >6yrs: individualize dose.
Cardiac disease. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis.
Discontinue if rapid pulse, dizziness, or blurred vision occurs. Gastric ulcers. Maintain acid urine and adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic/antispasmodic/antiseptic.
Allow at least 2 hours after ketoconazole. May be potentiated by antimuscarinics, MAOIs. Reduced intestinal motility with antimyasthenics. Increased risk of severe constipation with opioids. May be antagonized by thiazide diuretics, urinary alkalinizers. Separate dosing of antacids, antidiarrheals by 1 hour. May reduce absorption of other drugs. Sulfonamides precipitate with formaldehyde in urine; avoid concomitant use.
Rapid pulse, flushing, blurred vision, dizziness, shortness of breath, acute urinary retention, difficult micturition, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, discolored urine/feces.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL