Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 95mg; tabs.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for URISTAT:
Urinary tract discomfort.
190mg 3 times daily after meals; max 2 days when used with antimicrobials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor excretion. Stains soft contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
GI upset, headache, rash, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a