Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 95mg; tabs.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for URISTAT:
Urinary tract discomfort.
190mg 3 times daily after meals; max 2 days when used with antimicrobials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor excretion. Stains soft contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
Urinary tract analgesic.
GI upset, headache, rash, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics