Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxytetracycline HCl 250mg, sulfamethizole 250mg, phenazopyridine HCl 50mg; per cap.
- Combo Therapy With Probucol May Prevent Cardiovascular Events in Stroke Patients at Risk for ICH
- Concussion Misdiagnosis Associated With Emergency Department Stay, Injury Type
- Comparative Risk for Major Congenital Malformations With High-Dose Antiepileptic Drugs
Indications for UROBIOTIC-250:
Urinary tract infections.
Take on an empty stomach with adequate amounts of fluid. 1 cap 4 times daily; refractory cases: 2 caps 4 times daily. Continue for minimum of 7 days or until bacteriologic cure.
Late pregnancy. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal impairment. Monitor blood, liver, and kidney function with chronic use. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight; discontinue if skin discomfort occurs. History of significant allergy/asthma.
Tetracycline + sulfonamide + local analgesic.
Avoid concomitant aluminum hydroxide gel.
Glossitis, stomatitis, proctitis, GI upset, vaginitis, dermatitis, allergic reactions, hepatitis, pancreatitis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, drug fever, skin rash, photosensitivity, injection of the conjunctiva and sclera, petechiae, purpura, hematuria, crystalluria; esophageal irritation/ulceration.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Parkinson Disease in Older Adults
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis