Generic Name and Formulations:
Sucroferric oxyhydroxide 500mg; chew tabs.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Indications for VELPHORO:
For control of serum phosphorus levels in patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis.
Chew, do not swallow whole. Take with meals. Initially 500mg 3 times daily; monitor serum phosphorus levels and titrate dose in decrements or increments of 500mg/day as needed until acceptable serum phosphorus level reached. May titrate as often as weekly.
GI, hepatic, or iron accumulation disorders; monitor effect and iron homeostasis. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Separate dosing of doxycycline, acetylsalicylic acid, cephalexin by ≥1hr before Velphoro; levothyroxine by ≥4hrs before. Concomitant drugs with narrow therapeutic index; monitor.
Discolored feces, diarrhea, nausea.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics