Vertigo & Dizziness
For patients with sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL), vertigo may be negatively associated with recovery of hearing.
The application assesses 3 key balance metrics: (1) double stance, (2) right tandem stance, and (3) left tandem stance.
While post-traumatic headache (PTH) often resolves within 3 months, a substantial number of patients experience chronic PTH.
Participants experienced less dizziness and lower dizziness-related disability after using the online program.
The large-scale national survey found differences in prevalence of vertigo and balance problems between girls and boys aged 3 to 17 years.
Cathodal tDCS treatment prevented the onset of nausea longer than anodal tDCS.
Vestibular migraine may have finally won its own diagnostic criteria, but the condition is still shrouded in uncertainties.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment