Vertigo & Dizziness
For patients with sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL), vertigo may be negatively associated with recovery of hearing.
The application assesses 3 key balance metrics: (1) double stance, (2) right tandem stance, and (3) left tandem stance.
While post-traumatic headache (PTH) often resolves within 3 months, a substantial number of patients experience chronic PTH.
Participants experienced less dizziness and lower dizziness-related disability after using the online program.
The large-scale national survey found differences in prevalence of vertigo and balance problems between girls and boys aged 3 to 17 years.
Cathodal tDCS treatment prevented the onset of nausea longer than anodal tDCS.
Vestibular migraine may have finally won its own diagnostic criteria, but the condition is still shrouded in uncertainties.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Drug Prices Increase More Than Expected After Shortages
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction