VISINE A.C. OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05%, zinc sulfate 0.25%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for VISINE A.C.:
Temporary relief of ocular redness and discomfort due to minor eye irritations.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 1–2 drops up to 4 times daily.
Avoid prolonged use. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Urinary hesitancy. Reevaluate if eye pain, irritation, or visual changes worsen or persist beyond 72hrs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Remove contact lenses when instilling; may re-insert afterwards.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics