Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 10g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for VISTOGARD:
Emergency treatment following a fluorouracil (5-FU) or capecitabine overdose regardless of the presence of symptoms or exhibits early-onset, severe or life-threatening toxicity affecting the cardiac or central nervous system, and/or early-onset, unusually severe adverse reactions within 96hrs following the end of 5-FU or capecitabine administration.
Limitations Of use:
Not for non-emergent treatment of adverse reactions associated with 5-FU or capecitabine. Safety and efficacy not been established for initiation >96hrs after 5-FU or capecitabine therapy.
10g (1pkt) every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Base dose on body surface area; see full labeling. 6.2g/m2 (max 10g) per dose every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea.
Single-use packets—4, 20
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL