Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit.A (as beta carotene) 2700 IU, thiamine 1.6mg, riboflavin 1.8mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 2.5mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 70mg, Vit.D 400 IU, Vit.E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 100mg, copper (as oxide) 2mg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 65mg, magnesium (as oxide) 25mg, zinc (as oxide) 25mg; caplets; gluten-, lactose-, iodine-, sugar-free.
Indications for VITAFOL-OB:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 cap daily.
Pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis. Iron storage disease. Chronic hemolytic anemia. Pyridoxine responsive anemia. Liver cirrhosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Overactive thyroid. Hypercalcemia. Hyperparathyroidism. Soy allergy. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Iodine with anti-thyroid drugs may cause hypothyroidism. Iodine with antihypertensives may increase potassium. Folic acid antagonizes methotrexate, anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid). Separate dosing of zinc with antibiotics at least 2hrs apart. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
GI upset, skin ailments, glucose abnormalities, visual problems.
Caplets—100; Softgel caps—30;
DHA (6 blister cards [5 caplets + 5 gel caps])—30-day supply
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- New 15-Item Dyspnea-ALS-Score Assesses Dyspnea in ALS
- CDC: About One in Five U.S. Adults Have Chronic Pain
- Fingolimod Cuts Multiple Sclerosis Relapses in Pediatric Patients
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies