VOSPIRE ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol (as sulfate) 4mg; ext-rel tabs.
DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VOSPIRE ER:
Swallow whole. 4–8mg every 12 hours; max 32mg/day in 2 divided doses (every 12 hours).
Swallow whole. <6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 4mg every 12 hours; max 24mg/day in 2 divided doses.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with other drugs that lower serum potassium.
Tremor, headache, nervousness, GI upset, tachycardia, muscle cramps, insomnia, dizziness, somnolence, weakness, CNS stimulation, difficulty in micturition, hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, rash.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a