Generic Name and Formulations:
Von Willebrand Factor/Factor VIII Complex (human); 500 IU VWF:RCo and 500 IU FVIII activities per 5mL; 1000 IU VWF:RCo and 1000 IU FVIII activities per 10mL; pwd for IV injection after reconstitution; preservative-free; solvent-detergent treated.
Indications for WILATE:
On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes in patients with von Willebrand disease (VWD). Perioperative management of bleeding in patients with VWD.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: contact manufacturer. Give by IV injection at 2–4mL/min. ≥5yrs: Minor bleed: 20–40 IU/kg once, then 20–30 IU/kg every 12–24 hours as needed. Major bleed: 40–60 IU/kg once, then 20–40 IU/kg every 12–24 hours as needed. Surgery (give loading dose within 3hrs before); Minor: 30–60 IU/kg once, then 15–30 IU/kg every 12–24 hours; Major: 40–60 IU/kg once, then 20–40 IU/kg every 12–24 hours. Monitor and adjust according to VWF:RCo and FVIII activity, and location of bleed; usual treatment duration is 3 days (minor hemorrhage, minor surgery), 5–7 days (major hemorrhage), or ≥6 days (major surgery). See full labeling.
Treatment should be supervised by physician trained in coagulopathies. Risk of thrombotic events with sustained excessive FVIII levels; monitor. Ineffectiveness may indicate antibody formation; discontinue if confirmed. Risk of transmission of blood-borne diseases; consider vaccination against hepatitis A and B. Monitor pulse during injection; slow or stop infusion if marked increase in heart rate occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, dizziness, hypersensitivity reactions; antibody formation.
Kit—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd