Generic Name and Formulations:
Telotristat ethyl 250mg; tabs.
Indications for XERMELO:
In combination with somatostatin analog (SSA) therapy, to treat carcinoid syndrome diarrhea in adults inadequately controlled by SSA therapy.
Take with food. 250mg 3 times daily.
Monitor for constipation and/or severe, persistent, or worsening abdominal pain; discontinue if develops. ESRD requiring dialysis: not studied. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infant for constipation.
Tryptophan hydroxylase inhibitor.
May antagonize CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam); monitor and consider increasing dose of concomitant substrates if necessary. Antagonized by short-acting octreotide; if concomitant use is necessary, give dose ≥30mins after Xermelo.
Nausea, headache, increased GGT, depression, flatulence, decreased appetite, peripheral edema, pyrexia.
Monthly carton—4 x 7 daily dose packs
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL