Generic Name and Formulations:
Telotristat ethyl 250mg; tabs.
Indications for XERMELO:
In combination with somatostatin analog (SSA) therapy, to treat carcinoid syndrome diarrhea in adults inadequately controlled by SSA therapy.
Take with food. 250mg 3 times daily.
Monitor for constipation and/or severe, persistent, or worsening abdominal pain; discontinue if develops. ESRD requiring dialysis: not studied. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infant for constipation.
May antagonize CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam); monitor and consider increasing dose of concomitant substrates if necessary. Antagonized by short-acting octreotide; if concomitant use is necessary, give dose ≥30mins after Xermelo.
Tryptophan hydroxylase inhibitor.
Nausea, headache, increased GGT, depression, flatulence, decreased appetite, peripheral edema, pyrexia.
Monthly carton—4 x 7 daily dose packs
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics