Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoconazole 2%; topical gel (anhydrous).
Indications for XOLEGEL:
Topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in immunocompetent patients.
Apply a thin layer to affected area(s) once daily for 2 weeks. Wash hands before and after use. Do not wash treated areas for at least 3 hours after application. Wait at least 20 mins before applying cosmetics, sunscreen, etc.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. If irritation occurs or if disease worsens, then the use of the medication should be discontinued. Product is flammable (avoid open flames, smoking while applying). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Application site burning, headache.
Gel—45g; Xolegel Duo—1 kit (15g gel + 4oz Xolex shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%]); or (15g gel + 1.7oz Head & Shoulders shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%])
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure