Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoconazole 2%; topical gel (anhydrous).
Indications for XOLEGEL:
Topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in immunocompetent patients.
Apply a thin layer to affected area(s) once daily for 2 weeks. Wash hands before and after use. Do not wash treated areas for at least 3 hours after application. Wait at least 20 mins before applying cosmetics, sunscreen, etc.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. If irritation occurs or if disease worsens, then the use of the medication should be discontinued. Product is flammable (avoid open flames, smoking while applying). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Application site burning, headache.
Gel—45g; Xolegel Duo—1 kit (15g gel + 4oz Xolex shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%]); or (15g gel + 1.7oz Head & Shoulders shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%])
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics