XOPENEX CONCENTRATE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levalbuterol (as HCl) (single-isomer albuterol) 1.25mg/0.5mL; per vial; soln for inhalation via nebulization after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for XOPENEX CONCENTRATE:
Initially 0.63mg by nebulization 3 times daily at 6–8 hr intervals; may increase to 1.25mg 3 times daily.
<6yrs: not established. 6–11yrs: 0.31mg by nebulization 3 times daily; max 0.63mg 3 times daily.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Monitor for increased need; if inadequate control, reevaluate and consider adding an antiinflammatory (eg, corticosteroids). Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disorders (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Seizure disorders. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment; monitor (esp. in elderly). Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid within 2 weeks of MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants. Avoid other short-acting sympathomimetic aerosol bronchodilators, epinephrine. Antagonized by β-blockers. Caution with other drugs that may lower serum potassium (eg, diuretics). Monitor digoxin.
Accidental injury, bronchitis, dizziness, pain, pharyngitis, rhinitis, vomiting; paradoxical bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions, cardiovascular effects, hypokalemia.
Vials (YES); HFA (NO)
Inhaler w. actuator (80inh)—8.4g, (200 inh)—15g; Soln 0.31mg/3mL, 0.63mg/3mL, 1.25mg/3mL—24 vials; Concentrate 1.25mg/0.5mL—30 vials
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Fingolimod Compared With Glatiramer Acetate in Head-to-Head MS Study
- Lower Relapse Risk and Disability Progression With Oral DMT in Treatment-Naive RRMS
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure