Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 2g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for XURIDEN:
Replacement therapy for hereditary orotic aciduria.
Adults and Children:
Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt. Swallow mixture immediately; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can be mixed with milk or infant formula for up to 2g (¾ tsp) dose. Initially 60mg/kg once daily. Increase to 120mg/kg once daily for insufficient efficacy; max 8g/day. Weight-based dosing: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis