ZANTAC INJECTION PREMIXED Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranitidine (as HCl) 1mg/mL in sodium chloride 0.45%; IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for ZANTAC INJECTION PREMIXED:
Hospitalized patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions, intractable duodenal ulcer. Short-term alternative to oral therapy.
For slow IV drip only. >16yrs: Intermittent infusion: 50mg every 6–8hrs (infuse over 15–20min); usual max 400mg/day. Continuous IV infusion, or for Zollinger-Ellison: see literature. Renal impairment (CrCl<50mL/min): 50mg every 18–24hrs or more often if needed (intermittent only). Coincide a dose for end of hemodialysis.
<1month: not recommended. ≥1month–16yrs: Treatment of duodenal ulcer: 2–4mg/kg per day in divided doses every 6–8hrs; max 50mg every 6–8hrs.
History of acute porphyria: not recommended. Renal impairment: reduce dose. Hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if hepatic disorders occur. Monitor SGPT if on high-dose IV therapy for ≥5 days. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May increase triazolam, midazolam, glipizide, procainamide levels. May decrease ketoconazole, atazanavir, delaviridine, gefitnib levels. Monitor anticoagulants. May cause false (+) urine protein test with Multistix.
Headache, GI disturbances, jaundice, hepatitis, rash; rare: CNS disturbances, arrhythmias, blurred vision, arthralgia, myalgia, inj site reactions, blood dyscrasias, anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, acute interstitial nephritis, bradycardia with rapid administration (IV); increased risk of pneumonia (see literature).
Tabs 150mg—60, 180, 500; 300mg—30; EFFERdose tabs—60; Syrup—pt; Inj single dose 2mL—10; Multidose 6mL—1; Premixed 50mL—24
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Multiple Sclerosis Guidelines: AAN's Recommendations for Initiating, Switching, Stopping Disease-Modifying Therapy
- Solriamfetol Associated With Improvement in Narcolepsy Types 1 and 2
- Novel Therapy May Improve Symptoms in Early Huntington Disease
- Interaction of Alcohol, Smoking on Multiple Sclerosis Severity
- Are Vaccines Associated With Multiple Sclerosis Relapse?
- The Symbiosis of Headache and Sleep
- Neurosurgery in Parkinson Disease: A Brief History and Look Forward
- Blood Pressure-Dementia Link May Be Affected by Population Characteristics
- The Consequences of Compensation in Autism
- Predictors of Conversion to Neurodegenerative Disease in REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Primary Periodic Paralysis: Advice for Clinicians & Future Directions
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Efficacy of Disease-Modifying Drugs for Multiple Sclerosis May Decrease With Age
- Wearable Sensors May Help Predict On, Off States in Parkinson Disease