Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 37mcg/actuation; metered-dose nasal aerosol; contains HFA.
Indications for ZETONNA:
Treatment of symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
One actuation in each nostril once daily (37mcg/actuation); max 74mcg/day.
Conduct nasal examination before starting treatment. Discontinue if nasal erosion, ulceration, or perforation occurs. Active or quiescent respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic, or ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider immunoglobulin prophylactic therapy. Monitor for acute adrenal insufficiency if prolonged systemic corticosteroid therapy is replaced with topical steroids. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and for candida infection and other nasal cavity changes. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for vision changes or in those with a history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma or cataracts. Avoid spraying in eyes or directly onto the nasal septum. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by ketoconazole.
Nasal discomfort, headache, epistaxis; nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, candida infection, impaired wound healing.
Nasal aerosol—6.1g (60 actuations)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Women With Epilepsy More Likely to Have Major Depressive Disorder
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor Polyneuropathy
- Long-Term Type 1 Diabetes Associated With Cognitive Decline
- White Matter Hyperintensities in RCVS Vary Over Time
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- Levetiracetam Effective as Episodic Migraine Prophylactic