Generic Name and Formulations:
Bezlotoxumab 25mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZINPLAVA:
To reduce recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in patients who are receiving antibacterial drug treatment of CDI and are at high risk for CDI recurrence.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating CDI. Use only in conjunction with antibacterial drug treatment of CDI.
Infuse over 60mins. ≥18yrs: a single dose of 10mg/kg.
<18yrs: not established.
History of CHF. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Human IgG1 monoclonal antibody.
Nausea, pyrexia, headache, infusion-related reactions; heart failure.
Single-dose vial (40mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored