ZYRTEC-D 12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 5mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ZYRTEC-D 12 HOUR:
Seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab twice daily. Hepatic or renal impairment (CrCl ≤31mL/min): 1 tab once daily.
Hydroxyzine sensitivity. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. GI or GU obstruction. Seizure disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis. Avoid other sympathomimetics, alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Insomnia, dry mouth, somnolence, dizziness; rarely: elevated liver enzymes.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure